Brisbane (UQ,DFO,City)

|

Brisbane is a very nice place to go during winter. And I always choose Australia for my winter Holiday. Maybe could relate back the reason that i miss a chance to study overseas with the degree that i took back in 2006. This is the new place where i stay for the rest duration of stay (Brisbane Street).


The sky is completely Cloud-Less. Lucky i did not get Skin cancer due to the UV that i am exposed to. I stay indoor most of the time. I just can't tolerate the feeling of staying under the sun although the weather is cold. At the same time Its PAINFUL. :S
The blue colour tone of the sky is just fascinating.


Yes, I stay right on top of the hill. I always been wondering why i feel so tired everytime walking up this road. It is broad enough that the road doesn't look sloopy, but its hell damn tiring to walk up everyday, whereever I go.

UQ

The University of Queensland St.Lucia campus is just 15 minutes away from the place i stay. I was told that it is very near. When i actually walk, gosh It takes forever. I think it could be due to the Sloppy road. Going up and down with the slope of 40 Degree.


I wouldn't want to mention why I miss the chance to further my studies here.
The architecthure of the campus building is gorgeous.



The pillar looks so strong with the Uni logo attached to it. Its clean and nice. I was told that this building was there since 40 years back or longer. Very well maintained. It could be due to the school fee structure. That for a Single course. It may cost up to 24k AUD per annum. It is not the most expensive but if were to convert back in Malaysia. That will be about Rm 72k. Currently Fresh graduate will get pay about 3k at max. Assuming with the saving of 1k per month. I need 6 years to pay back my tuition fees.

Conclusion, very costly to study overseas. :(


The main Building of UQ


The campus area is huge. Unlike Monash Malaysia where it is attached to Sunway College during my study period. With the same concept you can only find this kind of environment at University Malaya. :S From one place to another need to drive/take bus. It takes me only 15 minutes to walk from one point and circle the whole building and come back to the starting point At Sunway Campus Mys. :S haih



Its safe enough to walk at this pathway. Dont try this back in Malaysia. You will most likely get robbed or kidnap :S


Library at UQ.



Its only 3.30pm, Sun set. Weather turns even colder. We goota rush back to cook dinner.


This picture taken at 3.30pm.


Direct Factory Outlet



Its far. About an hour drive from Brisbane street. About 13 Zone away. 1/2 of the Journey to Gold Coast. While driving on the highway, we actually pass by Dreamworld, Movieworld, and Wetn'Wild. Each individual world is really huge. Probably 3-5 times what we have at Sunway Lagoon.



Open air shopping complex concept only works for cold weather country.



Food arena at DFO.



Harbour Town, Direct Factory Outlet, Brisbane, Queensland.



This is the trademark logo for Harbourtown DFO. Center ring. I actually got sesat there. Wide area. Lots of shops. Good Shopping experience. Cheap stuff.



Sale. Everyday also Sale. up to 70%. What crap. Go inside the store canot find a single item which is 70% off. :S But at DFO. They really mark down the price. I think they are having the same concept like the Bandung DFO. Just that this place is very well manage. Bandung is horrible. We were shouting while crossing the road. Hope that the driver will notice and stop for milisecond for us to cross.

At Harbourtown, you need not worry about that. What i worry most is i couldn't find food to eat. Again a meal here would cost about 10 Dollar.


On the way back we stop by Yatala Pie house for our tea break.

xw, Calvin, Sw, Jason
At atala Pie House.


Honestly, the pie is just so so. I can make better pie than they do :S hehe....



I forget what pie is this. Mushroom Pie i guess. Vegetarian Aiks.



Custard? Mushroom? Cocoa Powder? Pie?

Brisbane City

I have my most expensive meal in Australia at Brisbane Chinatown.


Its just a street with Chinese typical decoration. And they call it Chinatown. Unlike our petaling street here where they sell Pirated Handbags. I only know that the parking here for the first hour it Cost 6 AUD and second hour onwards it cost 12 AUD. Ridiculous. You goota prepare few hundred for parking each day.


Right at the end of this road is where the Japanese restarant located. I forget what is the name of it but we had buffet for night. My last night at Bris. (Pictures to be uploaded next time) heheh....



Right opposite the train station, this is what you will see. Some fire in the middle of the ring that seems to have unlimited supply of gas. It will never goes off. I was told that, this monumen is to remember those who die during the war? Like Our Tugu Peringatan?

The stairs on the left hand side lead straight to the Queenstreet. Main street at Brisbane for Shoppings and the most happening place is there. Unfortunately, i did not have the picture taken on this particular week. :D




Here i conclude the short entry to three different places i went at Brisbane.

Upcoming..... Gold Coast n Melbourne.

0 comments: