Brisbane (Part2)

|
Its fun to shop in the grocery because everything is freakin cheap. Two hypermarket that dominates in Australia are Coles and Woolsworth (Safeway). A meal would cost about 6-9 dollar. And to cook yourself at home, you would probably need 5 Dollar for 2 person. Bah, if were to count a day or two it doesnt not make much difference. What if one week 2 meals a day :D The figure grow exponentially... hehe.. With that i will be able to get myself a trip to Melbourne. :D


Coles
Coles is within walking distance, and i went there more often than the city shopping complex. In this entry, i am going to write on three meals that i had (I prepared) when i was at Brisbane. (Spagetthi, egg, vege, meat).

Siao Wei invited us to have dinner at her place. She prepared Vinegar Pork. :D It smells really good but my mom's vinegar pork is still the best in the world.. ahahah... Other than that, we bought vege and Char siew from Brisbane Chinatown. Thats our dinner for the day :S


Xw , Siao Wei

Her place is very much well equip with the apparatus to cook. She even bake donuts for us. When its cold, people seems to get hungry faster. :S


Luke , Sw

Thanks for the meal :D

Next will be a tutorial on How to cook Spagetthi :D

Firstly, you will need pasta.

This amount is enough for 2 person, depends on how much you would like to eat. Just an estimation. (I bent the spagetthi into two because is just too long to fit into the pot)

Next Boil water and add some salt and Oil. My teacher told me that oil and salt increase the boiling temperature. I don't know what is the reason for this. But technically the Spagetthi won't stick together with the addition of oil. It helps.



When the water boiled, throw in the spagetthi and let it cook until it is EDIBLE. ( You can try to swallow the raw spagetthi and tried with a cook-ed ones. You will be able to see the difference).

Meantime, prepare the raw material for the gravy/sauce. You will need:


Onion and Garlic.


Minced meat. Chicken. Any other meat also can :D Again Self-Preference.


Cube Potato. Don't forget to boil the potato. The raw potato is just as hard as the spaghetti. Hahah..


Last but not least, we need a combination of godly sauce. Any sauce available in the market. But remember to put combination between Paste, Sauce, and Pasta Sauce. Not forget about the seasoning (salt, sugar, pepper, soya sauce,oil)


Pour some oil over the pan. And cook the ingredient above in following order:

Oil, Garlic, Onion, Meat, Pepper, Sauce, Sugar, Salt, Water, Potato. Ta-da~~


Next, when the noodle is ready, Mix the spaghetti into the sauce. Simple as that :D


Yummy. Simply Irresistible.


I remember playing masak-masak when i was small and Now finally i manage to cook my own meal in the Kitchen hahah.. Its Edible ok...


Spaghetti with tomato sauce :)

I seldom step into the kitchen back her at home. Its a challenge for me to prepare own food away from home. The second meal include, fried egg, Brocolli, and Char siew.


Brocolli


Char siew


Fried Egg

I told my colleague i can't cook but i can bake :S O well, this is my greatest achievement in the kitchen. I should have take up classes from my mom. And in future i shall post up her recipy menu. But at this point of time, i only know how to fried egg and boil brocolli.. Hahaha At least i dont blow up the kitchen.


Rice

I dont even know how much volume of water is needed to cook rice :D Just estimation and measuring with finger :S Luckily it turn out to be A bowl of rice instead of semi porridge. I wonder how to rescue from the semi-porridge condition? It taste disgusting, half rice half porridge? I remember i tried to cook porridge with the same amount that i used to cook rice and it turn out to be one whole big pot that can last me two meals :( Porridge for the whole day Swt!!


My friend have brought frozen vegetarian from Malaysia. This is suppose to be a Fish. Imitation from vegetarian product will never taste good. After all it is still Beancurd and Flour. TO enhance the flavour, we decided to put in the baked beans. (Orange beans) hehe..

Vegetarian Fish with Baked Beans


Er... Bacon meat fried with onion?

I can;t remember wads the ingredient in this dish. Probably there is onion inside and some kind of meat. If not mistaken its the bacon meat which is left over from the Pizza ingredient. hahaha...


Tasteless Soup

I couldn't find a single Winter Melon in Australia. They have plenty of Pumpkin. I found out only months later that i can actually cook the soup with pumpkin instead of melon. And the raddish is freakin expensive. 2 White raddish at 5 AUD (moderate size).


1 comments:

Luke said...

Yoh, nice entry on the food. But you u post the photo of me looking so noob. Haih.
Btw, got lots of events to cover (Melb and GC trip). Awaiting next entry.