1OO Days

|
edited

Xin Wen is listening to Yiruma - Kiss of the Rain @ Youtube

This morning, I came across an article with the heading STEM CELL BREAKTHROUGH. Wow. This is something that i am familiar with. But as time pass, my knowledge on stem cells gets buried deep inside the memory and eventually degrading. What is stem cell? The first thing came to me was, er.... it is some cells that used in the lab for er.... regeneration of new cells. WTF. That sound so Noob.


1985. Lumut. Perak. Hometown.

As a Graduates from Biotechnology Degree i suppose to give answer such as Stem cells are cells found in most, if not all, multi-cellular organisms. They are characterized by the ability to renew themselves through mitotic cell division and differentiating into a diverse range of specialized cell types. (I Copy and Paste from Wikipedia) hehehe

Okay, Don't give a damn with the definition of stem cells and get back to the things that i wanted to say. The breakthrough is regarding the technique using stem cells to treat Diabetes. In short, they will be able to transplant insulin-producing cells into the patient. And this does not result in tumor formation. (What a godly innovation!) These cells will be able to control the level of glucose in the blood. This is especially important for patient that require injection of insulin on regular basis in order to control the sugar (glucose) level. Diabetes is characterized by the body inability to break down glucose, leading to excessive level of glucose in the body (high blood sugar). Insulin helps to break down glucose.

Two reason for this :
a)insufficient insulin produced
b)body's cells are unable respond to insulin

Complications: Kidney Failure!!!!!

DOTZ

Life Goes On

This reminds me of one person. She is someone who put a smile on her face everytime i went back to pay a visit. She is someone with lots of patient. She doesn't get angry easily. She take things easily. She is someone who accompany me over the night, lying beside me wait for me to fall asleep. Early morning, She walk together with me to the nearest kopitiam for breakfast. She gave me 1 Dollar everytime i asked for money to buy junk food from the convenient store. She gave me Rm 50 Red packet every year. In the year 1996, she have to cut down on the sugar intake. She have got diabetes since then :(


She is my beloved Grandma. ('',)


12 years of battle with the harsh condition. She doesn't complain under any circumstances. I will always remember the moment she complain to me that her chest pain and feel restless. I will never forget your last smile. I will not forget the moment that you hold my hand. I remember the moment where the doctor decided to put you on dialysis machine. It doesn't look very comfortable with those tubing. I remember very clearly the last word you said to the nurse......I miss your voice.


"Time for tears, Time for laughter"


Its been 100 days since the day u left. How has it been? With the ancient culture practice I hope that you get the best out from it. I don't know how it will turn out to be, but i just hope and pray for the best. I hope you are happy with the arrangement. Everyone gather up on such important occasion to give a bow of respect.



All the food served is homemade. Specially made just for you. I myself bake blueberry muffins :D


Traditional *Ang Koo* Kueh is now made with sweet potato instead of artificial colourings to ensure healthy lifestyle :S I remember the times where you mix the red colourings to the outer layer of the *kueh*. I Dare not eat the *kueh*!



Tears almost drop when i saw my name crafted on the stone. All the past memories rushing through my brain nerve. A series of Slide show. Just too much for me to mention. Everything will be remembered deep inside my heart. Always. <3 style="font-weight: bold;">Its all Folks :D I especially want to emphasize that during 100 Day, the rain comes only after the prayers.


View from the mountain facing Lumut.

This is the panaromic view that you will be facing from now onwards. It face directly back to the place that you are familiar with. A place where you insisted to stay till the day you left. A place where you call it Home. A place where you see the evolution happens. The place where you start up with a family and eventually grow into a big big happy family. A place where you observed the number of grandchild and greatgrandchild grow exponentially. The place where you stayed for seventy three years.....


Fireworks

The moment we light up the fireworks, it reminds me of Chinese New Year where you will be busy preparing for meals. You will be staying at home cook for lunch and dinner waiting for each and every family member to come back for gathering. The moment you know that we are coming back, you will be so excited and start preparing the ingredient to cook. Yes i remember the big prawn that you get exclusively for us. Seriously Huge. Biggest Prawn in the market. hehe. We appreciate it.


Coco Ooi Ai Ling, xw, Jojoe Lee Chin Joe

Looking at the picture reminds me of the old times, where we travel around to look for laksa. My cousin is a big fan of laksa. She can eat 3 bowls. I Surrender. Heheh.. From high school to post graduate, and now working world. Glad that we are able to gather up every now and then to discuss about the current condition and situation. I always LMAO the things that you said. You may not find it funny. But to me it is entertaining. :D




We gather to have another prayer back at home. Each and everytime i light up the joss stick and put my hand together, i would ask for your condition. It was really tough for me to accept the fact at first, but eventually people have to live with it. Yes difficult but no matter what, i still have to face it. I tell myself to be stronger each and every time i encounter such scenarios.



Do you still remember the *rambutan* tree that you grew together with grandpa much earlier? When the season comes, we will have plenty of rambutan to eat. Month of November is the time to harvest the fruits. Yes, right at this moment. I remember the time where the tree grew too much until the point where you will have to send to rambutan to KL for us.


Who said rambutan is only red in colour? I love the colour of this fruits. This is something that you wont be able to find in the market. Very rare. Um... Those agricultur-ist must help to preserve this type of rambutan.


Blue Blue sky after the rain......


Sunny day. I suggest to walk around the playground and look for Malay Laksa. Yes its different from Assam Laksa and Siam Laksa. The best i have ever was the one at Pundut. But i was told the aunty is having some liver problem and need to do dialysis every week. Therefore, no more Laksa on everyday basis. And I DONT get a positive answer everytime i request for .... Satu Laksa Pls? (Next update - cousin and me)


Updated version of 1985. Lumut. Perak. Hometown. Extended another room compared to the one above.

I was told that this house have 7 television. Avaiable in each and every room. Um... Not forget to mention the aircond also, 6 Air cond in 6 Rooms. Except the kitchen. :D I wonder how much is the electric consumption. Is it subsidised? Perhaps ya... by the Son.



Forever Remembrance.
Those that live in the heart of Others never Die.

:)

0 comments: