Bonjour, Bienvenue à Paris

|
Winter 2009
February.
Spring is just around the corner, but the weather is still freaking cold. Snowing. WTF. I feel like myself is constantly in an icebox. I do not have clothing that can keep me warm to the extend that I do not shiver. I am broke and therefore getting additional clothing is not an option. Struggle -.-:


Lets take a tour and capture the magnificent view of Paris :D

Here we go.......


The Sun is so precious at this point of time. The sky can be clear, like totally cloudless. Or it can be really scary. It will just rain for 36 hours. Bloody hell. Gotta plan indoor activity and pictures will not turn out good during such pathetic weather. I don't have enough money to eat already, where to find money for shopping. The best is my card is not working. I have to live with what i have :D

Accommodation was booked about 1 month prior to departure at Zero cost. We only have to pay when checked in. The Perfect Hostel, located 2 streets away from Sacre Cauer, is the cheapest option that i could find over the net. It turn out to be pretty good. No regrets. If i don't remember wrongly, its about 75 Euro for 3 nights Per person.


Right View from the Hostel Window


Left View From the Hostel Window

This place is so convenient. 5 minutes walk to the metro station (Anvers). 1 minute walk to grocery shop. (There is where i get my dinner -.-"" The exact location is just beside the black car)


Just before i left, i was told that Paris-ian don't speak English. They would rather not communicate to you and just ignore people who speak english. But the moment that i am really Lost. I can't be just standing there waiting for people to approach me. This only happens in Australia. I made a first step and approach a strangers asking for direction. So happen that he stay at the same row. He guided us all the way to the hostel, and i almost die carry/dragging two luggage. He offered help and Paris-ian is not that cruel after all.

He told me " I Speak Little English " I replied Oh Ok.

Next time when people ask you

Avez-vous besoin d'aide? You have to answer Oui, Merci.

(Travelling advice, always ensure the luggage is light. If Possible Featherlight :D You will be very thankful)
There is no such thing as escalator in the Metro station. Be prepared to carry your luggage up and down like jungle trekking. It reminds me of Batu Caves Stairs :(



Basilique du Sacre Cauer

Well i am not a historical person, therefore i shall not mention about the history behind this building. This building was completed in the year 1914. Almost a century. Awesome building. The basilica complex includes a garden for meditation, with a fountain. The top of the dome is open to tourists and affords a spectacular panoramic view of the city of Paris, which is mostly to the south of the basilica.(Wiki)



The one and only bad experience that i have happened here, first thing in the morning WTF!! Despite being alert at all time, this bunch of African came approached me and start their demonstration with the string. I scared if i just walk away they will be more aggresive and violent. Thus, standing there and wonder what are they going to do. Its a daylight robbery. I shall not comment more. My advice is if you have to visit Sacre Cauer, Please Stay at least 300 meter away from these African. Take the Metro up, Located at the Left Hand side.



View from sacre cauer.



Side View 45 Angle >.<


Breathtaking :D


Sacre Cauer

I spend about 40 minutes around that area before i step down. Photoshot is not allow inside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the photo. I have no idea where is this, therefore no description and no explaination. Its just some random photo taken when i step down at one of the train station.

Louvre. I saw this word somewhere. Initially i thought this is the museum. But Nah.



You See, with the triangle rooftop. I was in the cinema watching Da Vinci Code but i guess i was half way sleeping. I can't relate anything back here. :S I did not research much on the tourist location. I have no idea where to go most of the time. But As you walk more, you will discover more. So, choose to walk rather than taking metro. Oke.



Beautiful :)


The architechture is simply Gorgeous :D Thumbs up for the building design.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is the shopping streets. Saint Germain.

This shopping culture is only suitable for low temperature country. It is not cool to walk on the street carrying shopping bags under the hot Blazzing Sun. (Hong Kong is one of the example) hu ha. -.-""" swt


All sorts of fachion brand from Burberry, Armani, Lv, Everything you can find it here. After all, these brand is just located right in front of the main streets. Smokes from the car, and dust uh uh. Champ Elseyee have the same thing and same concept and same shop :S



Saint Germain Emporio Armani.



Saint Germain


i-do-not-know-where-is-this.

:(

Probably i snap this photo when i got lost after walking for 30 minutes and yet leading no where. I stop by one of the shop and ask for the nearest Metro. As expected, they don't speak english. But thank god i can understand sign language. I can still differentiate Left and Right. So thats good enough to get me out of there and not continue to walk until i step out of Paris.




This is the rear view of Notre Dame.

Very Very Nice.

If only the weather could be better.



This is the first destination that i came across when i arrive at Paris. Not to mention the journey from Charles De Gaulle to Gare du Nord. Notre Dame means Our Lady. Indeed huge and you wont miss it.


3 days at Paris, and to walk around Paris, obviously dont need 3 days. We decided to get the ticket to Disneyland. Which cost a bomb. I think its around 60 or 70 Euro.



Disneyland Paris

Yesterday was Sunny, Today was Snowing, and Tomorrow is Raining :S SOBZ!!

Unfortunaltey we decided to go Disneyland Today!!! Uhhhhhh damn


This is the Saint Germain Church. I think :S



Opera. Nono this is not Opera. Located opposite to the Opera. I have no idea what does it call. Lots of shopping complex. I'm lost.



This is the Opera.
Now i understand why Paris is the most Romantic City in the world.

They are willing to queue like 2 kilometer away for the entrance to Moulin Rogue. Probably not that far, but far enough that i have no idea where is Moulin Rogue and i still see the queue. I think it only happens during valentines day? 14th Feb 2009 :D




Side View of the Opera if i am not mistaken :D


La Fayette. his is the Shopping complex with a Dome. (Not the coffee shop Dome Oke) Elegant, Pricey, Faint :/



It is raining :(

Lucky Dont have Thunderstorm.








Musee Du Louvre.



Louvre.



Arc De Triomphe


Champ Elseyee



Boutiques @ Champ Elseyee


Big Fat Dog! They need the Fats!




Eiffel Tower



Bridge. I have tried approaching Eiffel Tower from 3 different Direction. This is also because i am Lost. I Know and i Saw Eiffel Tower is in front of me But i Can't seems to reach the destination.


Hahahahah....



Sun Set.... @ Eiffel

The best time to take photo is when the sun was about to set. The sky will turn Pinnking Purple plus tint of Blue. Perfect for Photo taking.
Muacks.




The Lift is located at the side moving tilted up to the first level of Eiffel Tower. How Often do you see Lift moving in the direction of 45 Degree?






I shall conclude this entry with a Sun Set Photo taken nearby Eiffel Tower.

Once again I am Starving. So Ciaoz.

0 comments: