Nimes Cedex 1

|
Bonjour!
Wake up early morning, can't get used to the 7 hours time difference :(
Its Sunny day. Weee.....
About 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel to the Office.

Once i reached the office, (thank god we went to the right one, there are two office building which is another 10 minutes walk away) everyone in the office gave a warm welcome. I remember they said this " I was told that today is the first day of Chinese New Year and i hope you have great time here " I answered " Oh yes, this place is great * thinking in mind - I miss so many things back home, how can i enjoy my New Year there wtf * But honestly it was really fun. I miss them alot :D

I was told that early January, Nimes was snowing and everyone doesn't know how to drive with such condition. Its slippery! Oh well, thats because its not a norm to have snow at Nimes.

We have 3 coffee break in a day which is schedule early morning 9am 10.30am and 3.30 pm. And lunch is 12.30 till 2.30. wth -.-" Intense i have the most coffee intake in my entire life for that 2 weeks in the office.

Before i even realize what happened its time for Lunch :S


Left View from Cezanne Customer Service Office, Nimes


The view is magnificent, and its only today. wth. The next day and the day after tomorrow it RAIN terribly. There is no thunderstorm but when it rain, it will be raining for the entire day (morning till night and night till morning). 72 hours of continuous rain. Miserable weather. I can actually feel that the cloud is forming and the weather forecast is always accurate.

I feel so weird when the transport system is totally opposite. Left become right and right become left. Especially when it comes to crossing the road. I got so confuse and always ended up looking at the wrong side. But luckily the traffic light for pedestrian works really efficient. After a person press on the command button, the next second the traffic light will turn to AMBER and then to Red! With exception that the light just turn green, then will have to wait for a while. But not long! hehe.....

The left side of Collines is where Villa Plancha located. I was told that Villa Plancha is a Spanish restaurant. Plancha is a method of cooking, where the food is grilled on the metal plate. If not mistaken we was there for more than 3 times? Until the extend that we can memorise the menu already. Um, not really memorise because i can't speak French but know what to order for myself instead of waiting for translation :)


Right View from Cezanne Customer Service Office, Nimes

Right in the middle of this picture far far away, is where i stay for the entire duration at Nimes. (2 weeks)

We will have to spend 30 minutes translating all the menu items before we manage to select the dish that we wanted to order. For me of course i wouldn't bother wad is it about. The only thing that i understand was the Price of course! Its just numbers. I'm not greedy but in my mind, the more expensive dish usually will be the best one. So i will only have to choose either meat, seafood, or chicken. Simple as that!


Villa Plancha, Spanish Restaurant

The environment is really nice, unfortunately i do not have a pictures at this point of time. I will post later on ( remember i mentioned i had 3 lunch session here ). One thing i realized is that the waiter and waitress don't speak English at ALL. Its so difficult to order food.

I only understand the first phrase " Vous aves choisi ? " it means " Have you decided? " I have hard time memorizing this phrase. Answer Oui (yes) or Non (no). It doesn't matter if you can't speak French, but i think its important to know what the people talking about. I just feel awkward when they people speak to me in French. I once saw the colleague from Germany answered them, I only speak English. The waitress got so stress out.. ahahahah Quickly go look for translator. Most of the hotel reception will know English to certain degree. But still limited company!!!



Starter - Bread

This is what we have for the first 30 minutes while deciding what to order. Bread and some tomato paste or sauce? Sour Weird Weird taste.

I wanted to look for meat, from the menu what catch my attention was the dish describe as a combination of different kind of meat. Fish, Chicken, Beef, Tapenade sauce, Mashed Potatoe, and legumes (which is the asparagus).

Its called Parillade des hauts plateaux





The meat is scattered, the plate full of stratches, and the decoration and presentation is awesome. I have hard time finish up all the meat!! Almost throw out. ITs too much!!

I was told that the material for the plate is made for the roof top tiles. Urgh.....

I feel so sleepy after the meal, that is when the 3.30 pm Coffee break comes about :D



Dessert - Trio Glace coulis et craquant

That simply means 3 flavor of ice cream. In fact, it is sorbets. I choose Melon(Some kind of melon"Honey dew mayb" - Not watermelon -.-"), Cerise(Raspberry), and Citron(Lime).


Trio Glace coulis et craquant

I just love the colour of the sky when the sun is about to set.


Traffic jams when its time to go home......

Further down the round about is the way to Monpellier which is another town 40 minutes away.



A view Behind the red Building :D Ahh..... Heaven..............


P/s: I goota rush out to my aunt place for dinner. As for more detail coverage will be included in next post :D

See ya

Au Revoir :)

0 comments: